To maintain Alma de Mujer as a spiritually based center which advocates for social change, working within the vision of our Elders for the future generations and fulfilling our role as Indigenous women leading social change in our communities and nations.
To provide culturally based arts, environmental and leadership development programs and services that directly benefit Indigenous women, youth and children of southern Indigenous communities and that focus on uniting Indigenous women from nations throughout North America thereby empowering them to address issues of common concern.
1. Provide year round cultural arts and leadership development programs for Indigenous youth from southern Texas, predominately Austin
and area that will
and area that will
- be based on Indigenous cultures and traditions
- promote healthy life styles
- increase self esteem and empower individuals
- promote education as a vehicle for self determination
- Promote Alma de Mujer Centre for Social Change as a model of a sustainable community by
- modeling indigenous land preservation strategies and values (maintenance and protection of the organic herb and vegetable gardens, natural medicinal plants, Mother earth and all that walks upon her)
- development of experiential training modules that can be delivered using a hands on approach which focus on land preservation and usage
- development of a long term land management plan for sustaining Alma in as natural a state as possible
- Provide cultural arts education programs to Indigenous people of all ages that will assist them in transforming their environments, enrich their spirit and promote cultural literacy that is critical in developing them as fully engaged citizens in the global society
- Provide culturally based educational opportunities for Indigenous Women and others that empower them to improve their families and communities.
- Provide Alma de Mujer Centre for Social Change as a gathering space for Indigenous and non Indigenous organizations who are interested in spiritual well being and who value the environment in way that is respectful of the land and its people.